Jobs for April...
Spring is finally here – and the sight of Forsythia, Camellias, Magnolias, and other Spring flowers are at their beautiful peak. Now is a good time to do certain jobs that will help cut down on maintenance for the rest of the year. The garden centre is now bulging at the sides with everything for the garden.
BULBS & SEEDS
- Plant out Gladioli, Dahlias and Lilies.
- Mix in good planting compost when planting.
- Many varieties of hardy annuals can now be sown outside. See our range of seeds from Johnson, Fothergill, Thompson Morgan and many more.
- A busy time for sowing all sorts in a heated greenhouse, including Tomatoes, Peppers, Marrows and other vegetable seeds.
- Put up cuttings of Fuchsias and Geraniums.
- Buy some baby plants from our fantastic selection, to grow on for your baskets and tubs this Summer.
- Plant trees and shrubs.
- Hardy perennials and herbaceous plants can now be planted.
- Feed all flower borders after the washout Winter, with a slow release fertiliser like chicken manure, rose feed or blood, fish, and bonemeal.
- Prune back late flowering shrubs like Buddleia, Lavatera, Clematis, Lavender and Rosemary.
- Start spraying roses to keep on top of pests and diseases
- Plant alpines out now – choose from our wide selection.
- It’s a great time to plant trees and bushes as the centre is fully stocked.
- Plant out Strawberries and Rhubarb now.
- Start to spray Apples and Pears to deter pests and diseases.
- Mulch or manure.
- Sow many vegetable varieties.
- Plant out Onion sets and Potatoes.
- Many herbs and vegetable plants are available now.
- Apply Spring lawn fertiliser.
- Treat with moss killer.
- Rake out debris (thatch) if you didn’t get chance last September.
- Apply grass seed to bare patches.
AVAILABLE IN STORE
- Great garden accessories and tools.
- Summer flowering bulbs (Begonias, Gladioli, Lilies and Dahlias) ready to be planted.
- A huge range of seed trays and containers available for sowing through to potting up.
- Distinctive gifts.
PLANTS LOOKING GOOD THIS MONTH
- Primulas and Pansies
- Prunus Flowering Cherry